google.com, pub-2600041692440697, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Welcome to Jamaica Poetry: LOVE POEMS

Friday, August 9, 2013

LOVE POEMS




Share |

 
  Night of love

Stars above,  oh my love
Moon in shone don’t go soon
Great bear, big dipper, morning star.

Dark Clouds don’t hide my beloved

From my celestial, beautiful friends,
Float  on white clouds this night of love 

Oh my love to thee I give
The most wonderful gift of love 
The  cool caress of a dew filled night
and the silvery light  of the moon.

Let's enjoy this musical symphony of

Crickets creak ,frogs croak,roosters horns, 
We’ll  both forever remember this   
majestic Jamaica night. 
When our everlasting love was born  
soycriada
 

 Timeless love

Today my heart floats high
And soars as an eagle in the sky
Taking me to unknown joys
 Riding on the wings of your love.

 All nature is beautiful in mine eyes,  
 The suns as a golden harden egg yolk
 The sky a profusion of rainbow  ribbons 
 And Love dresses the world fairy pink.

  Capture for me a still snapshot
  That our love remain constant,
  frozen in time, permanent, forever,
  Longer than a video will last.
   Soycriada

 Your Love

I stood in that line
Just having a good time
Suddenly I felt uncomfortable,naked
 And began wondering why

 Turning I saw looking
 The eyes of so many men
 Staring, undressing,  stripping
 My garments one piece at a time

Out of the crowd you stepped
Heading towards my way
 Gave me a smile and a kind hello        
Which became robes and covered me
From that day onwards I wanted 
To be seen naked only in your eyes
To be stripped with your eyes
Your hands and your lips.

To be covered with your love
Hear your voice whispering in my ears
Feel your breath fanning my skin
Taste your flavor on my tongue;

Your lips a  taste  of wild honey
Sweetening my body
Tongue of wild fire igniting my skin
Hands like goblets cupping my breasts

 Your fingers are like charcoal
 Etching love on the canvas of my skin
 Each etch you make your eyes
 Revealed the depth of your soul

 Naked I stand or lying by your side
 To be drawn only on your easel
 Posing and positioning
 For your eyes alone

 Waiting to be covered
 With robes of your love
 Please enter my sanctuary
 Yes enter my love.
soycriada


Love Tunes
 How great is he who penned the words,
 If music is the food of love, then play on,
 Would he seem small who pen these words
 If blinding jealousy is the tune love plays,
 Then please stop the music.


 When love stretches out her selfish hands

 And on unstrung harps plays tunes
 For he who dares to listen,
 Melodies no one else can understand 
 Still others may hear the music.

  When dancers dance to love tunes
   Played by love’s selfish, impish hands
   Respect is lost for God, and man, 
   Lost of self, degradation,
   Cursing, hurting, crunching,

   With heals of selfish desires,
   Then I stand small with he who penned
   The words,
   If blinding jealousy is the tune love plays
   Then please stop the music.
  Soycriada

        Love Me  to night

   Walk with me tonight lets
   Sit under the coconut tree
   while the cool sea water
   Bath our feet as I am
   Showered with your love.


   Tell me you love me,
   I am in love enough to believe
   The moon will be our witness
   My heart will give me away,
  The waves will be the organ
  The night skies will sign of our love.
     Soy Criada

Moving on....

When you lose a loved one
Should there be a stipulated rule
As to how long the grieving process should be?
What point do you move on and get rid of their belongings
At what point do you find a new partner


And stop doing the things you did together?
At what point do you say goodbye to the memories
Of what life entailed When they were still around
what point do you stop imagining them still enjoying their daily rituals
At what stage do you discard the life of the recluse you’ve become?

At what stage, I ask do you move on
How should you grieve and for how long should you grieve?
At what stage, To ask, do you move on?

Contributed  By :Davene Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEATURED POST

POETRY STYLES

There are many different types of poetry. It comes in many types and genres.  AS with other writings, we must first understand the meani...

POPULAR POST